When a loved one begins to transform before your eyes – and not for the better – it can be hard to pinpoint exactly what is going on.
Is it just a phase? Could it be a substance use disorder? Is it a mental or behavioral health issue? Or some combination of all of those?
Experts estimate that nearly 8 million people in the United States are currently suffering from a mental or behavioral disorder and a substance use disorder at the same time.
Here are some things to look out for if you think your loved one could be one of them:
- Extreme and sudden mood changes
- Engaging in risky or impulsive behavior
- Avoiding friends and family
- Signs of drug paraphernalia, like pipes, tinfoil, spoons, or rolling paper
- Increased drug or alcohol consumption
Ultimately, though, diagnosing a co-occurring disorder should be left to the professionals. The experienced staff members at Clean Path believe in integrated treatment that addresses – and solves – both problems simultaneously.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help.