Often times the public is not aware that substance related disorders are also part of mental health disorders. Therefore, it is common for this condition to be treated separately from other mental disorders. The stigma that is associated with mental disorder is so prominent, that the individual suffering from substance abuse does not recognize that he or she might also have another mental health disorder associated with it. Let’s face it, dealing with alcohol abuse, drug abuse or dependence is already challenging, but this condition can be even more difficult to manage when it occurs alongside one or more other mental health conditions. When a person has both a substance abuse or dependence problem and at least one other mental health condition, he/she has what is called co-occurring disorders. Approximately 7.9 million adults in the United States had co-occurring disorders in 2014 (National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2014). According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), “co-occurring disorders can be difficult to diagnose due to the complexity of symptoms as both may vary in severity (2014).” Although co-occurring disorders can seem overwhelming and impossible to overcome, they are actually treatable and mental healthcare professionals have developed several effective rehabilitation options that address all aspects of the disorders. In addition, people with co-occurring disorder are best dealt with integrated treatment.
Clean Path Behavioral Health believes in targeting these conditions simultaneously. We provide various treatment modalities to help clients deal with these disorders. Early detection and treatment can significantly improve treatment outcomes. We have professionals that are trained in both addiction and mental health disorders. Our team provides on-going assessment to determine the severity of the illness and how we can better serve that individual.
Services That We Provide:
- Individual Therapy
- Individual Case Management
- Treatment Team with client
- Specialized and individualized treatment plan to assist our clinical team to help client reach their treatment goals
- On-going assessment
- Group Sessions
- Family Therapy
- Medication Support Services
- Rehabilitation and Life Skills group and individual treatment
Our Mental Health Experts Can Assist with the Diagnoses and Treatment For:
- Depressive Disorders, which includes Major Depressive Disorders, Substance/Medication Induced Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders, which includes Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Substance/Medication Induced Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Stress related disorders, which includes Post-Traumatic Disorder
- Personality Disorders, which includes Borderline
- Schizophrenia Spectrum, which includes Schizoaffective Disorder*
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Eating Disorders
*must be compliant with medication regimen prior to admittance to the facility.